Join us to celebrate the wonder and amazing spectacle that is migration as Strawberry Plains presents International Migratory Bird Day! This year's theme is Stopover Habitat and we have a variety of activities planned throughout the day to highlight the work we are doing at Strawberry Plains to monitor migratory birds passing through our region, as well as migratory birds nesting at SPAC.
Activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Morning bird walk with Hal Mitchell
- Presentation on the history of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, International Migratory Bird Day and the importance of Stopover Habitats
- Bird Banding demo from our MAPS station researchers, led by Kristina Mitchell
- A Migratory Bird themed Art Workshop with JoyceAnn Gardener
- Presentation and overview of the MAPS station and Night Flight Call research on our nesting and passing through migratory bird species
Spaces are limited and registration is required. Contact Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-252-1155 to reserve your spot.
$10 per person; $25 per family.