Click the links below to learn more.
Watch the video below to see what you can expect at this year's festival!
$15 for adults (13 - 64 years old)
$10 for seniors
$10 per person for people traveling in 12 passenger van or greater (to cut down on parking) -- Driver admitted free.
$5 for children 5 - 12 years old
Children under 5 years old admitted free.
- Hummingbird Viewing and Banding with the Hummer/Bird Study Group -- You may get a chance to release one back into the wild!
- Guided Wagon Rides and Nature Walks through Strawberry Plains Audubon Center's 2600-Acre Nature Sanctuary
- Kids' Nature Tent
- Live Animal Shows
- Special Guest Speakers
- Resources for Creating a Wildlife-Friendly Backyard
- Native Plant Sale
- Experts on Conservation, Ecology and Bird Migration
- Local Artists and Vendors Selling Crafts, Art, Bird Feeders, Gifts, Souvenirs, etc. Most tents DO NOT take credit cards! This is a sustainable festival -- We will not be offering bags with purchases. (Bring cash, check to buy and bags to carry purchases!)
- Food and drinks will be available at concession stand
Other Important Information:
NO smoking, pets, trailers. Coolers are only permitted in parking area.
VOLUNTEER! Are you interested in getting an inside look at the Hummingbird Migration Celebration and helping out with one of the biggest nature festivals in the country? Be a volunteer! Click here to learn more.
Help us with our goal of creating a sustainable, low waste, festival!!
We make reducing our waste and hosting a more sustainable festival one of our main goals. And you can help us!
- Bring or buy a sturdy, reusable water bottle
- Look for recycling bins, compost areas and trash cans -- Make sure to throw your trash in the right place
- Reduce waste whenever you can.
- Bring reusable bags for shopping!
NOTE: Shuttles and carts are available to transport those in need of assistance from parking to the festival. This is an outdoor festival that takes place across the large main lawns at Strawberry Plains. There is about a 150 foot brick walkway that transects the lawns. Visitors walk up the walkway and then into the lawn for the Special Speakers Tents and the vendor area. The hikes and trailer rides require visitors to take a short walk on a wooded nature trail. Visitors in wheelchairs will likely require assistance along path and on lawns/trails. Most seating is available in the concession area at one end of the festival and under Speaker Tents. Water will be sold at concessions but we advise all people to bring extra water. The festival is not the only time to see hummingbirds, please feel free to visit us before or after the festival (August - October) -- Call for more information.
We'd like to thank the following 2012 festival sponsors for their support:
- Amerispan Tents, Inc.
- American Pacific Paneling
- Bank of Holly Springs
- Booker Hardware
- Byers Law Firm, LLC
- Byhalia Garden Club
- Carlisle’s Big Star
- Collierville Animal Clinic
- Cousin’s Express
- DeSoto Magazine
- Eagle Optics
- Farese, Farese, & Farese, P.A.
- Fed Ex
- First Security Bank
- First State Bank
- Mr. George Poteet
- Graphic Systems
- Gresham Realty
- Health 1st Family Medical Clinic
- Holly Springs Rotary Club
- Holly Springs Tourism
- Hunter Douglas
- Colonel Steven & Charlotte Icardi
- Kirkwood National Golf Club & Cottages
- Sarah J. Liddy, Atty. at Law
- Merchants & Farmers Bank
- Parker Hanifin, Inc.
- Potts Camp Family Medical Clinic
- The Rebel 95.3
- Sims Metal Management
- State Farm Insurance - Ellis Stubbs
- Mr. & Mrs. Frank & Vicki Swords
- Tyson Drugs
- Waste Connections
- WEVL FM 89.9
- Wild Birds Unlimited
Need more information? Interested in bringing a bus or a group?
For more information about Holly Springs, contact the Holly Springs Tourism Office:
Holly Springs Tourism
148 East College Ave. Holly Springs MS 38635
Toll Free 888-687-4765 Local 662-252-2515 Fax 662-252-2696